Sunday, December 11

AQUA Malaysian & Thai

I have a special love for Asian cuisine and this once "diamond in the rough" has been one of my favorite go-to restaurants when I'm in the mood for a reasonable and delicious meal. Located downtown at 7th and Chestnut St; Aqua is an underrated gem that I boast about constantly. For my recent girls night out (dinner and drinks) I just had to suggest Aqua because neither of my friends had the chance to experience it yet.

~What I Recommend~ 

Appetizer
Roti Canai (Indian Pancake) $3.95:
Description: a Malaysian all-time favorite crispy Indian style pancake served w/ potato curry
This dish can be shared by 2 people. The bread is thin and flaky (somewhat like a croissant). You pull off pieces of the bread and dip it (I scoop lol) into the curry potato. There are a few chunks of potatoes in the curry sauce. I LOVE curry but I will say the sauce is flavorful yet mild. The curry is not extremely potent but again I'm a curry lover so if you're not a fan of curry, don't try it! They have appetizers that include fried squid, tofu, spring rolls and several other amazing appetizers.
Entree

Thai Basil Chicken $12.95
Description: Chicken with peppers, onion, and basil in Thai chili basil sauce.

If you love onions, red peppers and basil this dish is for you. I try not to order this meal every time I dine-In or take-out but I can't help myself. I don't know anyone that has tired the Thai basil chicken that didn't love it. The chicken to me is a little firm but together with the crunch of the peppers and onion it's not a major issue.

Love Mangos? Try my second favorite dish Mango chicken/beef!

For those that want something sweet, try the Thai Pineapple chicken/beef!
Overall Experience on a scale of 1-5:
Ambiance: 3
Service: 3
Food: 4

Aqua is a nice spot to talk, relax and have a good cheap meal. There's something on the menu for everyone so if you're a foodie like me dive into Aqua (<---- I couldn't resist hehehe) and indulge your taste buds with a new treat.

PS
Oh, Dessert!!!! The fried ice cream is scrumptious

Aqua on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi KamryMarie,
    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/21/250318/restaurant/Old-City-Society-Hill/Aqua-Philadelphia
    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:
    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon
    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/21/6807/Philadelphia/KamryMarie-Notes.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar
    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    www.urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete